SUBMITTING ARTWORK via DISK, E-MAIL, or FTP
To open your disk or e-mail attachment, we must know the software/version used to create the artwork and the file name under which it is saved. Please write this information directly on the disk or include it in your e-mail message. When sending a disk, please enclose a hard copy of the text/artwork. When sending e-mail or FTP, please fax a hard copy of the text/artwork.
We use a Macintosh-based system with the following software:
- Adobe Illustrator 9.0
- QuarkXpress 4.0 (must be exported as an .ai file)
- CorelDRAW 8.0 (must be exported as an .ai file)
If you create your artwork on a PC system, you must use the above software/versions.
FILE TRANSFER METHODS:
We accept the following: 3.5" floppy, 100MG Zip, or CD
Attach the file to an e-mail message and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the e-mail message, please state the PO# the artwork corresponds to along with information on the software used to create the artwork
- Maximum file size is 2MB-if you send compressed files, they must be either self-extracting or able to be extracted with StuffIt(tm) Expander
Using an internet connection FTP the file to ftp.mnmicro.net (use the name success2 and the password phoydo)
- When sending art for orders with multiple plates/signs (especially large quantities), art MUST be grouped in one file. If art is saved with each plate/sign as a separate file, additional charges may apply.
- All fonts must be saved as outlines/curves.
ARTWORK PREPARATION WORKSHEET
PROCESS TO PRODUCE PRODUCTION READY ARTWORK FOR BRAILLE-TAC™ SIGNS
In order to produce an attractive, quality Braille sign it is necessary to have quality artwork. This artwork sheet is a technical guideline for the preparation of camera/production ready artwork.
Requirements for Acceptable Artwork:
- Submitted on disk or e-mail
- 100% to size
- Raised portions should be indicated in black, recessed portions should be indicated in white. No Color!
- 1 point crop marks positioned to indicate plate size for borderless sign (not necessary for raised border signs)
- Minimum border width .063”
- 1/4” spacing between plate edges on multiplate set-ups
- Plates aligned in straight rows and columns for cutting purposes on multiplate set-ups
- Placement of holes
Braille Dot Size Information:
Please contact customer service for Braille info.
Illustration for signs without borders (borderless):
Illustration for raised border signs with round corners: